From the manufacturer's website:
Delsym® has a patented time-release cough medicine for kids that goes to work fast to silence their coughs for a full 12 hours.
- 12 Hour cough relief
- Sulfite free
- Alcohol free
- Available in 3oz. and 5oz. sizes
- Extended-Release Suspension Cough Suppressant
Warning: Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking product. If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health care professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg dextromethorphan HBr
Recommended Use: Adults and Children 12 years of age and over: 10 mL every 12 hours not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours.
- Children 6 to under 12 years of age: 5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours
- Children 4 to under 6 years of age: 2.5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours
- Children under 4 years of age: DO NOT USE