From the manufacturer's website:
Nature Made Milk Thistle Extract is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes.
- No Colors Added or Artificial Flavors
- No Preservatives
- No Yeast or Starch
- Gluten free
Milk Thistle is a large plant with prickly, green leaves that produce a milky sap when broken.
- Herbal preparations from milk thistle have a long history of traditional/ethnobotanical use
Warning: Potential interactions may occur with the following:
- Anticoagulants or Antiplatelets, or any blood-thinning medications/agents affecting the ability of blood to clot. Combining milk thistle with blood thinning agents may increase risk of bleeding.
- Milk thistle may affect drugs metabolized by the liver’s cytochrome P450 enzyme system and may increase risk for side effects. Talk to your doctor about the medication(s), including antipsychotics and beta blockers, you are taking before taking milk thistle.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult a health professional before taking this product. Avoid this product if you are allergic to ragweed or daisy-like flowers. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving size: 1 Capsule Servings per container: 50
Recommended use: Take one capsule two times daily before a meal. For easier swallowing, take with water before and during ingestion.