From the manufacturer's website:
Nature Made Odor Controlled Garlic may help support normal blood cholesterol levels already within the normal range. It is thought that the sulfur compounds in garlic may contribute to its health support benefits. Nature Made Garlic is quick-cool dried to help preserve the many natural components of garlic. Nothing is added or extracted from raw garlic except the moisture. Each tablet contains 500 mg of concentrated garlic bulb, which is equivalent to 1250 mg of fresh garlic. The gentle release of garlic in the body results in virtually no after odor on the breath or the skin. Most of garlic’s benefits derive from the more than 100 sulfur compounds it contains, which includes the most well-known garlic sulfur compound: allicin
Potential interactions may occur with the following:
- Anticoagulants or antiplatelets, or any blood-thinning medications/agents affecting the ability of blood to clot. Combining garlic with blood thinning agents may increase risk of bleeding.
- Oral hypoglycemic drugs or other medications used to control blood sugar. Garlic may have an additive effect and lower blood sugar levels. Monitor blood sugar levels closely.
Garlic may alter the effectiveness of certain drugs metabolized by the liver’s cytochrome P450 enzyme system. Some common drugs in this category are:
- Anti-hypertensives or drugs to lower blood pressure
- Oral Contraceptives used to prevent pregnancy
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Anti-cancer drugs
If you are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, facing surgery, have bleeding problems, or undergoing any other treatment which may affect the ability of blood to clot, consult your physician before taking this product.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
- May help support normal blood cholesterol levels already within the normal range
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving size: 1 Tablet Servings per container: 100
Recommended use: Take one tablet two times daily, with a meal. Tablet should be swallowed without chewing. For easier swallowing, take with water before and during ingestion.