From the manufacturer's website:
Zicam is completely different from most other cold remedies because it actually shortens colds versus just temporarily relieving symptoms. This zinc-free homeopathic formula is delivered in our proprietary swab form. These unique swabs allow for gentle application of our patented gel formula in nasal passages. Our unique plant-based formula also provides multi-symptom cold relief.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN. The only clinically proven cold shortening nasal swab that shortens the length of a cold when taken at the first sign of a cold
- Clinically proven to reduce symptom severity by the midpoint of the cold.
- #1 Pharmacist Recommended brand for zinc cold remedies and homeopathic cold products
- #1 Cold Shortening Brand based on sales data of homeopathic cold shortening brands
- Non-drowsy, non-habit forming
Warnings: Located in Picture
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Recommended use: Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- Open tube (also see illustrations on side of carton)
- Hold tube between thumb and forefinger at the blue band
- With the other hand, hold at handle base, snap open tube and pull out swab
- Apply medication just inside first nostril. Using swirling motion, rotate swab 3 times within nostril. While swirling, gently press outside of first nostril to ensure transfer of medication. Re-dip swab in tube and mix to re-saturate with medication. Swirl 3 more times in the same nostril while gently pressing outside of nostril. Re-dip swab in tube and mix. Repeat identical sequence in second nostril. Do not insert swab more than 1/4" past nasal opening
- Discard swab after use
- Wait at least 30 seconds before blowing nose
- Use 1 tube every 3 hours, not to exceed 5 tubes in one 24 hour period
- Children under 12 years of age: do not use