From the manufacturer's website:
There is no limit to what you can do when you cool your aches and pains. For over 25 years, Biofreeze has been the secret weapon of clinical professionals and athletes providing cold therapy pain relief for sore muscles, backaches, sore joints and arthritis. Overcome pain and get back to your best fast with the #1 clinically recommended topical pain relief brand.
- #1 Clinically Recommended: Trusted by pharmacists, physical therapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, podiatrists, and athletic trainers
- Unique cooling menthol formula is backed by science and research-proven to deliver fast-acting, long-lasting and deep, penetrating pain relief for sore muscles, backaches, sore joints, and arthritis
- Trusted by some of the world's best athletes and athletic trainers
- 3 oz. gel tube is one of the most popular formats, well-suited for application on small and large muscle areas
- Biofreeze gel applies easily and penetrates quickly for fast pain relief to body parts such as the back, neck, shoulder, knee, hand, wrist, elbow, foot, and ankle; product is not tested on animals, made with USP grade ingredients, and free of NSAIDs, parabens, and propylene glycol
Warning: For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Flammable: Keep away from excessive heat or open flame
When using this product:
- Avoid contact with the eyes or mucous membranes
- Do not apply to damaged or broken skin
- Do not use with other ointments, creams, sprays, or ligaments
- Do no apply to irritated skin, or if excessive irritation develops
- Do not bandage
- Wash hands after use with cool water
- Do not use with heating pad or device
Stop use and ask a doctor if: condition worsens, or if symptoms persist for more than 7 days, or clear up and then reoccur.
If pregnant or breastfeeding consult a physician before use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Adults and children 2 years of age and older: Rub a thin film over affected areas not more than 4 times daily. Massage not necessary.
Children under 2 years of age: Consult physician.