From the manufacturer's website:
Extra Strength Sore Throat Honey Lemon Lozenges
Get fast-acting sore throat relief with honey lemon flavored Cepacol® Extra Strength Lozenges. Our soothing lozenges provide maximum numbing relief to alleviate your sore throat pain and help you feel better. You may also like them in cherry and tangerine flavors.
- Extra strength sore throat lozenges with maximum numbing* power
- Relieves Sore Throat, Sore Mouth, Minor Mouth Irritation, Pain from Canker Sores
- Fast acting
Warning: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics. Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult a doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 6 years of age unless directed by a doctor. When using this product: do not exceed recommended dosage. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose or accidental poisoning, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
Stop use and ask a dentist or doctor if:
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- Swelling, rash or fever develops
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Adults and Children 5 years or older: allow lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 2 hours as needed or as directed by a doctor or dentist. Children under 5 years of age: DO NOT USE