From the manufacturer's website:
Effective relief from allergies for your children is now dye-free and bubble gum-flavored. Children's BENADRYL® Dye-Free Liquid contains an antihistamine that helps relieve their symptoms.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- Runny nose
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Itching of the nose or throat
Warning: Do not use to make a child sleep or with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product:
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mg
Other ingredients (Inactive): Anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavors, glycerin, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution
Recommended Use: Take every 4 to 6 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
Do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours.
- children under 2 years: do not use
- children 2 to 5 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- children 6 to 11 years: 5 mL to 10 mL
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.