From the manufactures website:
Relieve your sore throat pain quickly with a Soothing Cherry Liquid Center.
- Provides fast-acting relief of sore throat and mouth pain
- Soothing Liquid Center - relieves pain and cools nasal passages
Temporarily relieves occasional minor irritation, pain, sore mouth and sore throat.
Chloraseptic® lozenges contain benzocaine which temporarily relieves minor irritation, pain, sore mouth and throat. Chloraseptic®, when used as directed, provides safe, effective and fast relief.**
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Benzocaine 6 mg
- Menthol 10 mg
Other Ingredients: Corn syrup, FD&C red no. 40, Flavor, Glycerin, Soy lecithin, Sucrose, Water.
Warning: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics. Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult a doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 6 years of age unless directed by a doctor. When using this product: do not exceed recommended dosage. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose or accidental poisoning, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
Stop use and ask a dentist or doctor if:
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- Swelling, rash or fever develops
Directions Adults and children 6 years of age and over:
- Allow lozenges to dissolve slowly in the mouth
- Take 1 lozenge every 2 hours, as needed
- Children under 6 years of age: consult a doctor or dentist