From the manufacturer's website:
What makes Germ Shield Antimicrobial Wound Gel so effective?
- Broad Spectrum Protection Against Bacteria: Contains the active ingredient, silver, which destroys bacteria like MRSA, E. Coli, Staph, yeast and other microorganisms.
- No Greasy Residue: Goes over your skin smoothly and absorbs thoroughly without leaving a greasy residue like petroleum-based ointments.
- Water Based Gel: Hydrates the wound and promotes healing.
- Long Lasting Effectiveness: Keeps working for up to three days, which provides more germ protection with fewer applications.
- Non-Stinging, Non-Staining: Does not contain ingredients that cause stinging and has a barrier that protects the wound and provides the optimal environment for healing to take place.
Warning: Do not use in the eyes. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Ask a doctor before use if you have deep puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns. Keep out of reach of children. If accidently swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.