From the manufacturer's website:
With Freestyle Lite Test Strips, you can test anywhere with less pain and less time! No Coding Technology makes Freestyle Lite Strips more accurate and less confusing than many other brands available today. The world's smallest sample size of just 0.3 microliters is all the meter needs to get accurate blood glucose readings. Freestyle Lite Test Strips support alternate site testing, so you can test from your fingertip, palm, forearm, upper arm, thigh, or calf. The meter's Coulometry system means that it is unaffected by many of the factors that can make testing problematic.
Warning: For in vitro diagnostic use. Before using this product, read the package insert carefully. Store between 40°F-86°F. Do not use if box seal is broken. Do not reuse. Do not use if expiration date has passed.
- No Coding Required: This makes it easier and more convenient to begin testing. Coding meters is a time-consuming and frustrating process, as any diabetic knows; without having to code your meter, you're on your way to accurate testing much more quickly.
- Alternate Site Testing: You can test using your fingers, forearm, upper arm, hand, thigh, calf and palm. When testing for hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) or if you have hypoglycemia unawareness, it is recommended that you use your finger only. Hypoglycemia unawareness is when a patient feels few or no symptoms of initial low blood-glucose levels. This is especially common in those who frequently have such episodes, as the repetition can dull sensitivity to the signs.
- World's Smallest Sample Size: A small sample size of just 0.3 microliters of blood is all that is required. Some other meters require samples of 1.0 or even 1.5 microliters more than triple what the FreeStyle Lite requires.
- Coulometry Measurement: Coulometry is a unique electrochemical measurement technique exclusive to FreeStyle. Coulometric analysis is unaffected by reaction rates and is ideal for measuring a small blood sample size.
- 5 Second Test Results: Accurate blood glucose results are available in merely 5 seconds. When you aren't sure what your blood-glucose levels are, time is frequently of the essence, and a few seconds faster can mean a much better outcome for an acute problem whether hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic.
*This is Strictly an over the counter item. Insurance benefits cannot be applied to this product*