From the manufacturer's website:
GoodSense Hemorrhoidal Ointment gives fast temporary relief from the painful burning, itching, and discomfort of hemorrhoids. It also prevents further irritation and temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Warning: For external use only. When using this product do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or a pharmacist if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
Stop use and ask doctor if:
- Bleeding occurs
- Condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- Introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a heath professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
- Mineral Oil 14%
- Petrolatum 74.9%
- Phenylphrine HCI 0.25%
Other ingredients (Inactive): Benzoic acid, butylated hyroxyanisole, corn oil, glycerin, lanolin, lanolin alcohols, methylparaben, mineral oil, paraffin, propylparaben, purified water, thymus vulagris (thyme oil), tocopheryl acetate, white wax
Recommended Use: For Adults:
- When practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue before applying ointment.
- When first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap.
- Apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement.
- For intrarectal use: remove cover from the applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert applicator into rectum, thoroughly cleansing applicator after each use and replace the cover.