From the manufacturer's website:
Mucinex Maximum Strength 12-Hour Chest Congestion Medicine Expectorant Tablets! Only Mucinex has an extended release bi-layer tablet to deliver maximum-strength congestion relief. The first layer is absorbed quickly by your body for fast-acting relief. The other layer dissolves slowly to continue relieving your chest congestion for 12 hours. Mucinex Maximum Strength contains 1200 mg of Guaifenesin bi-layer tablets and helps relieve chest congestion alone with thinning and loosening mucus.
- Thins & loosens mucus with active ingredient guaifenesin expectorant
- Relieves Chest Congestion
- Maximum Strength Chest Congestion Medicine
- Mucinex contains a unique bi-layer tablet, one side immediately releases and the other side is an extended release that lasts up to 12 hours
- Contains 1200 mg Guaifenesin expectorant extended-release bi-layer tablets
Warning: See Picture.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Recommended use: Do not crush, chew, or break tablet. Take with a full glass of water. This product can be administered without regard for the timing of meals. Adults and Children 12 Years of Age and Over: 1 tablet every 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 tablets in 24 hours. Children Under 12 Years of Age: Do not use.