From the manufacturer's website:
NasalCEASE® is a natural based polymer, calcium alginate, derived from brown seaweed and through a proprietary process is manufactured into a unique stop bleeding product.
- Stops nosebleed quickly: As soon as NasalCEASE® comes in contact with blood, calcium ions are released. Calcium is a clotting factor (Factor IV), which accelerates coagulation, stopping the nosebleed quickly.
- Easy / Painless Insertion: The soft fibers of NasalCEASE® allow it to be quickly and easily inserted into the nasal cavity without any discomfort.
- Absorbs Blood: NasalCEASE® continues to absorb blood throughout the duration of the nosebleed. This allows the nosebleed sufferer to insert NasalCEASE® and forget about it until recommended removal, thirty minutes later.
- Promotes Healing: As NasalCEASE® absorbs blood, the sodium ions in the blood changes the packing from a dry mass into a moist or gelified mass. The moistness of the mass against the wound site promotes healing.
- Non-stick Removal: Since the NasalCEASE® packing changes into a moist or gelified mass, it does not stick to new clots. This helps prevent resistance and pulling on clots during removal.
- No Re-bleeds: Disturbing new blood clots when using other materials in the nasal cavity causes re-bleeds in 10% to 15% of cases, Since NasalCEASE doesn’t stick to new clots, there are no re-bleeds.
Warning: Do not coat with ointments prior to use. For nosebleeds, NasalCEASE® is not for use in children 12 & Under. For use on topical bleeding, no age restriction. Store in a clean dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.