From the manufacturer's website:
Vitamin E is an antioxidant and is an essential nutrient for many cells, including heart muscle cells. The vitamin E ingredient in this product is sourced from plants.
Nature Made Vitamin E 267 mg (400 IU) d-Alpha is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes.
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Verified
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Color Added
- No Preservatives
- No Yeast or Starch
- Gluten Free
Vitamin E should be used with caution when combined with:
- Blood thinning medication - (i.e. Warfarin and Coumadin), or other agents that affect the ability of blood to clot (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Aspirin, etc.). Vitamin E in combination with these medications may increase risk of bleeding.
- Lipid-lowering drugs - Vitamin E in combination with other antioxidant vitamins (beta-carotene, C and selenium) may reduce the therapeutic benefits of combinations of statins and niacin. Monitor lipid levels closely for potential changes in drug efficacy if using these antioxidants while taking statins plus niacin.
- Chemotherapy Agents - High doses of antioxidants should be avoided during chemotherapy treatment until additional evidence is available.
Consult your physician before taking this product if you have vascular disease (such as heart disease or history of stroke) or diabetes, are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, facing surgery, have bleeding problems, or undergoing any other treatment which may affect the ability of blood to clot.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving size: 1 Softgel Servings per container: 100
Recommended use: Take one softgel daily, with a meal. For easier swallowing, take with water before and during ingestion.