From the manufacturer's website:
Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are important fatty acids for humans and their dog and cat companions because they cannot be made in the body. The only source of EPA and DHA for these species is through the diet and/or supplementation. Daily supplementation with Omega-3 Fatty Acids helps support optimal health for your pet companion.
Warning: Consult your veterinarian if your pet has a chronic illness or is on any medication before using this product. Inform your veterinarian that your pet is receiving this product before any anticipated surgery. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Use within 3 months opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 teaspoonIngredients (Amount Per Serving):
- Crude fat (min.) 99.4%
- Moisture (max.) 0.1%
- Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 31%
- EicosapentaenoicAcid [EPA)* (min.) 17%
- Docosohexaenoic Acid (DHA]* (min.) 10%
Other ingredients: Anchovy oil, sardine oil, d-alpha tocopherol (a preservative).
Recommended Use: Apply oil onto food, or serve by itself. Do not exceed the suggested daily use without consulting your veterinarian. Refer to box label for additional instructions.
Clean pipette thoroughly between each use. To preserve freshness do not depress bulb in oil.
Suggested daily use for cats 2 to over 20 lbs:
- 2-4 lbs - 0.25 ml (39 mg EPA/23 mg DHA)
- 5-9 lbs - 0.5 ml (78 mg EPA/46 mg DHA)
- 10-14 lbs - 0.75 ml (117 mg EPA/69 mg DHA)
- 15-20 lbs - 1.0 ml - (156 mg EPA/92 mg DHA)
- over 20 lbs - 1.25 ml (196 mg EPA/115 mg DHA)
Suggested daily use for dogs 2-19 lbs:
- 2-4 lbs - 0.5 ml (78 mg EPA/46 mg DHA)
- 5-9 lbs - 1.0 ml (156 mg EPA/92 mg DHA)
- 10-19 lbs - 2.0 ml (313 mg EPA/ 184 mg DHA)