From the manufacturer's website:
- Works in minutes.
- Provides gentle, safe relief.
- Convenient, no mess applicators.
- 6 child rectal applicators.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Warning: For rectal use only. May cause rectal discomfort or a burning sensation.
Ask a doctor before using any laxative if the child has:
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts longer than 2 weeks
- already have used a laxative for more than one week
Stop use and consult a doctor if child has:
- rectal bleeding
- no bowel movement within 1 hour of using this product
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or call a poison control center right away.
- Glycerin 2.8 g
Other ingredients (Inactive): edetate disodium, purified water
Recommended Use: Insert suppository well up into rectum. To produce laxative action suppository is designed to dissolve only partially, may not be noticeable.
- Children 2 to under 6 years of age: 1 suppository or as directed by a doctor
- Children under 2 years of age: Ask a doctor
Directions for Use:
Left-side position: Place child on left side with knees bent and arms resting comfortably.
Knee-chest position: Have child kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
Administering the laxative:
- CAUTION: REMOVE ORANGE PROTECTIVE SHIELD BEFORE INSERTING.
- Hold unit upright, grasping bulb of unit with fingers.
- Grasp orange protective shield with other hand, pull gently to remove.
- With steady pressure, gently insert tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel.
- Discontinue use if resistance is encountered. Forcing the tip can result in injury.
- Insertion may be easier if child receiving suppository bears down as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Squeeze the bulb until nearly all liquid is expelled.
- While continuing to squeeze the bulb, remove tip from rectum and discard unit.
- It is not necessary to empty unit completely. The unit contains more than the amount of liquid needed for effective use. A small amount of liquid will remain in the unit after squeezing.