From the manufacturer's website:
PREPARATION H® Multi-Symptom Pain Relief Cream is the only hemorrhoid cream with maximum strength pramoxine for multi-symptom relief*. The proprietary blend with vitamin E, panthenol and soothing aloe provides rapid relief from pain, burning, itching and discomfort.
PREPARATION H® Multi-Symptom Pain Relief Cream relieves:
- Rapid hemorrhoid pain relief
- Smooth, cream formula with soothing aloe
- Shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue
- Relieves external discomfort
Warning: Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
When using this product:
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put into rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- an allergic reaction develops
- the symptom being treated does not subside or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain or other symptoms develop or increase
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Glycerin 14.4%
- Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
- Pramoxine HCl 1%
- White petrolatum 15%
Other ingredients (Inactive): s aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anhydrous citric acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, cetyl alcohol, citric acid monohydrate, dexpanthenol, edetate disodium, glyceryl monostearate, methylparaben, mineral oil, polyoxyl lauryl ether, polyoxyl stearyl ether, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate, stearyl alcohol, tocopherols excipient, vitamin E acetate, xanthan gum
Recommended Use: Adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying cream. When first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap. Apply externally or in the lower portion of the anal canal only. Apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement.
For application in the lower anal canal: Remove cover from dispensing cap. Attach dispensing cap to tube. Lubricate dispensing cap well, then gently insert dispensing cap partway into the anus. Thoroughly cleanse dispensing cap after each use and replace cover.
Children under 12 years of age should ask a doctor before use.**