From the manufacturer's website:
If you have internal hemorrhoids, PREPARATION H® Suppositories provide prompt, soothing relief from painful burning, itching and discomfort.
PREPARATION H® Suppositories provide effective nighttime relief and reduce internal swelling.
The benefits of using PREPARATION H® Suppositories are:
- For nighttime relief
- Relieves painful burning, itching and discomfort
- Shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue
- Works immediately to protect against further irritation
Warning: For children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.When using this product do not exceed recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor. If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Cocoa butter 88.44%
- Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
Other ingredients (Inactive): corn starch, methylparaben, propylparaben
Adults: When practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before insertion of this product. Detach one suppository from the strip; remove the foil wrapper before inserting into the rectum as follows:
- Hold suppository with rounded end up as shown, carefully separate foil tabs by inserting tip of fingernail at end marked “peel down”
- Slowly and evenly peel apart (do not tear) foil by pulling tabs down both sides, to expose the suppository
- Remove exposed suppository from wrapper
- Insert one suppository into the rectum up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
Children under 12 years of age should ask a doctor before use**