From the manufacturer's website:
For fast relief from pain, itching and burning associated with anorectal disorders, use RectiCare® Anorectal Cream. RectiCare® products help you deal with the pain and discomfort of anorectal conditions, whether you’re at home or on-the-go. With products that offer powerful pain relief, protection or complete hemorrhoid care, RectiCare makes it simple to find the right solution to manage your condition – and help you get through your day easier.
RectiCare® contains 5% lidocaine, a local anesthetic that provides fast relief from pain and discomfort. Physicians have trusted lidocaine for decades as a local anesthetic during minor surgeries.
- The highest lidocaine strength available over-the-counter
- Provides rapid relief from pain, itching and burning
- Recommended by Colon & Rectal Surgeons
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Warning: For external use only.
When using this product:
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Do not exceed recommended dosage unless directed by a doctor
- Do not put this product into rectum by using fingers or aany mechanical device or applicator
Stop use and ask doctor if:
- Rectal bleeding occurs
- Condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- Allergic reaction occurs to ingredients in this product
- Symptom being treated does not subside or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain, or other symptoms develop or increase
- Symptoms clear up and return within a few days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
- Lidocaine 5%
Other ingredients (Inactive):Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer 940, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Isopropyl Myristate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Trolamine, Vitamin E Acetate
Recommended Use: Apply a small amount of the cream to the affected area. Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that relieves anorectal pain so you can go about your daily activities in comfort.
For adults and children 12 years and older, RectiCare Anorectal Cream can be used up to 6 times daily.