From the manufacturer's website:
Robitussin knows its never just a cough when you're coughing, you may be sick. Robitussin Adult Maximum Strength Severe Multi-Symptom Cough, Cold + Flu CF Max medicine provides powerful relief from cough, sore throat, body aches, fever, and nasal and chest congestion. Nothing lasts longer and treats more symptoms for your cough, cold or flu than Robitussin Maximum Strength among leading over-the-counter, non-drowsy, multi-symptom products. Robitussin multi-symptom medicine for adults combines a pain reliever and fever reducer with a cough suppressant, expectorant and a nasal decongestant to quickly tackle your worst symptoms. Get back to your day with the non-drowsy formula of Robitussin Maximum Strength Severe Multi-Symptom, flavored with raspberry mint. Robitussin Maximum Strength Severe Multi-Symptom Cough, Cold + Flu is formulated for adults and children ages 12 and over review all labeled directions and warnings prior to use. For multiple-symptom relief at night, choose Robitussin Maximum Strength Severe Multi-Symptom Cough, Cold + Flu Nighttime, and say goodbye to symptoms so you can sleep.
- Robitussin Adult Maximum Strength Severe Multi-Symptom Cough (4 fl. oz. Bottle), Cold + Flu CF Max, Non-Drowsy, Raspberry Mint Flavor.
- Powerful multi-symptom relief from cough, sore throat, body aches, fever, nasal and chest congestion.
- Combines a pain reliever and fever reducer with a cough suppressant, expectorant and nasal decongestant.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reaction. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away. Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach or children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Recommended use: Adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 1 tablet every 4 hours with a full glass of water while symptoms persist. Do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours.Children under 12 years of age: do not use.