From the manufacturer's website:
Back pain is often caused by tight muscles. ThermaCare® Back Pain Therapy HeatWraps deliver 8 hours of continuous, therapeutic warmth and keep relieving pain for an additional 8 hours after you take it off. In fact, the American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends real heat as a first defense against acute lower back pain. Available in two sizes, these single-use wraps are designed to provide pain relief at home or on the go.
Waist Size – Up to 34” waist
Waist Size – 35” to 47” waist
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Warning: THIS PRODUCT CAN CAUSE BURNS
- 55 or older: Your risk of burning increases as you age
- Wear ThermaCare over a layer of clothing, not directly against your skin
- Do not wear while sleeping
- Check skin frequently during use
- If you find irritation or a burn, remove product immediately
Do not use:
- If heat cell contents leak and/or wrap is damaged or torn
- For more than 8 hours in a 24-hour period
- With pain rubs, medicated lotions, creams or ointments
- On unhealthy, damaged or broken skin
- On areas of bruising or swelling that have occurred within 48 hours
- On areas of the body where you can’t feel heat
- With other forms of heat
- On people unable to remove the product, including children, infants, and some elderly
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Poor circulation or heart disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Are pregnant
When using this product:
- Check skin frequently for signs of burns or blisters — if found, stop use
- If product feels too hot—stop use or wear over clothing
- Do not place extra pressure over the product such as leaning against hard surfaces, or wearing under tight clothing, a tight waistband or belt
- To avoid increased risk of burns, remove product before undergoing any MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) procedures
Stop use and ask a doctor:
- If pain worsens or persists for more than 7 days
- If you experience any discomfort, burning, swelling, rash or other changes in your skin that persist where the wrap is worn
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Each heat cell contains iron (~2 grams):
- Can be harmful if ingested. If ingested, rinse mouth with water and call a Poison Control Center immediately.
- If heat cell contents come in contact with your skin or eyes, remove wrap, rinse affected area with water, and seek professional assistance immediately.
DO NOT MICROWAVE or attempt to reheat as wrap could catch fire
- Tear open pouch when ready to use.
- Place on pain area on lower back or hip with darker heat cells towards skin.
- If 55 and older, wear over a layer of clothing, not directly against your skin
- It may take up to 30 minutes to reach therapeutic temperature.
- Adjust for comfort. Do not over-tighten.
- Wear up to 8 hours. Do not wear for more than 8 hours in any 24-hour period.
- Place wrap flat. Do not fold or bunch as your risk of burn is increased