From the manufacturer's website:
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant, the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product appropriate for ages two and up, is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.
- On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
- On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints
Warning: When using this product, do not use heat or microwave. If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a doctor before use. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
- Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
- Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Other ingredients (Inactive): cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil
Lemon: cedarleaf oil, lemon fragrance, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil
Recommended Use: Adults and children 2 years and over (not intended for children under 2 years of age):
For cough suppression:
- Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
- Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
- Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor