From the manufacturer's website:
Take Xyzal at night! It works to provide allergy symptom relief while you sleep, so you wake refreshed for a more productive day. Plus, it works faster than Claritin, lasts up to 6x longer than Benadryl and, on first dose, provides the same relief as Zyrtec in a pill nearly half the size.
Warning: Do not use if you have kidney disease or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing cetirizine. Keep out of reach of children.
When using this product:
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, or tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5 mg (Antihistamine)
Other ingredients (Inactive): colloidal anhydrous silica, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 400, titanium dioxide
Adults 65 years of age and older:
- ask a doctor
Adults and Children 12-64 years of age:
- take 1 tablet (5 mg) once daily in the evening
- do not take more than 1 tablet (5 mg) in 24 hours
- ½ tablet (2.5 mg) once daily in the evening may be appropriate for less severe symptoms
Children 6-11 years of age:
- take ½ tablet (2.5 mg) once daily in the evening
- do not take more than ½ tablet (2.5 mg) in 24 hours
Children under 6 years of age and consumers with kidney disease: Do not use